February: Carolina Jessamine
This twining vine produces bright yellow, trumpet-shaped flowers set among shiny, light green leaves.
- Can grow well in either full sun or partial shade
- Best flowering occurs in full sun
- Fertilize 2 to 3 times during the growing season. We recommend Jobe's Organics All Purpose 4 pound Fertilizer #2993624
- Prune in early spring
- Keep soil moist
January: Camellia Camellia spp.
Blooms in January and early spring. Best in an area protected from strong sun and drying winds. An oustanding container plant.
- Camellias prefer shade. Plant in a shady area protected from strong, hot sun and drying winds
- Fertilize with fertilizer formulated for acid loving plants. We recommend Jobe's Organics Azalea, Camelllia and Rhododendrin 4 Pound #2993632
- Plant in well-drained soil rich in organic material
- Can be grown in the ground or in containers
- Prune after flowering